The NWP w/ Bryanna and Fiona Presents: Oscars Red Carpet Looks, Featuring Leila Meseljevic and Lejla Orman

2016 Girls Water Polo Preview

[youtube]https://youtu.be/9eFSNaOMAtY[/youtube]

With warmer weather coming means spring sports, which is water polo season. Girls Varsity Water Polo team has been getting back into the swing of things as this is the first week of practice. Head coach Kristie Przekota is eager to get her players back in the pool to get them ready and in shape for this season.

“Last year we went to sectionals for the first time as a junior varsity team and this year we are moving up to the varsity level, so we are going to have our work cut out for us, but I have no doubts about the team,” Przekota said.

Being the first year as a varsity team, Przekota hopes that the team will win about half of there games, which means the team will have to work for every win. With this being the first week of practice, Przekota thinks that having an offense with more movement will help the team produce the wins that they are hungry for.

The team has also grown in numbers, by players and coaches.

Senior Lauren Patt said, “I’m excited for the new assistant coaches and to see how they will affect our game play this season.”

Most of all, coaches want to focus on each individual player and make sure that even if the season doesn’t turn out the way they want it to, then at least have all the players come out a better player than they started.

Make sure to look out for seniors Patt and Justyna Magiera as they will be key players to help lead the wolves to their first win of the season.

On March 8th, at 6:00 p.m. the Girls Water Polo team will be playing at home against Hoffman Estates.

Video by Sarah Yun