T-Bay Held This Week

T-Bay is a silent auction that takes place during lunch periods sponsored by Dance Marathon. Some prizes for this year include a prom ticket, choosing your locker for next year, a yearbook, manicure, parking pass, or customized Jordans.

“In the past we’ve had prom tickets, baked goods, Lollapallooza tickets, prom makeup, and pretty much anything else you can think of. Now “experiences” are becoming more popular such as going running with Mr. Schwarz.” says Anam Furrukh on the Dance Marathon Executive Board.

T-Bay used to be an event that only teachers and faculty donated items, but now anyone can donate. All the money raised goes directly to this years charity- Chicago’s Coalition for the Homeless. They are the only non-profit in Illinois dedicated to advocating for public policies that curb and can ultimately end homelessness. They lead campaigns, community outreach, and public policy initiatives that target the lack of affordable housing in metropolitan Chicago and across Illinois.

“During your free periods all day this week there will be tables with bidding sheets for each items. Once students put their name down it’s stuck there. The highest bidder will obviously win the item,” says Dance Marathon Co-Sponsor Ms. Karissa Moy.

Bidding will end Friday April 15, 2016 at 3:30-3:45.