Principal’s Recognition Award: Muhammad Musani

Editor’s Note: This is the second in a series of 13 stories about this semester’s Principal’s Recognition Award winners who were recognized on Wednesday, April 20 for outstanding achievement in specific programs. Senior Muhammad Musani received the Engineering/Computer Science Business Education award and was nominated by Ms. Jean Attig. 

Senior Muhammad Musani was nominated for the Engineering, Computer Science, and Business Education award by business education teacher and lead Deca advisor Ms. Jean Attig.

“Muhammad has been in just about all business classes. I’ve had him as a sophomore in business technology. He is also currently is one of my DECA vice presidents and he’s really taken a lead this year. Along with a couple other students, he really want members to feel more successful. They came to me with an entire education framework on how to tackle it and prepare for it. Muhammad really helped lead it,” Attig said.

Musani along with senior classmates Dhruv Patel and Crystal Vu did a project on financial literacy where they went to Fairview South Middle School to teach seventh graders about how to be financially responsible. Currently they are competing at nationals held in Nashville, Tennessee. Musani placed third overall in his event at regionals and at state he placed top 10 in both events and 2nd overall in a event.

“Recently we had the iConnect campaign and I ran it with Crystal Vu. It’s a program where you do certain tasks to connect with Illinois DECA as a state instead of staying glued to your chapter. This was the first time in seven years since the program started that we were able to obtain gold standards,” Musani said.

“Muhammad is different from other kids in the class because not only does he have amazing work ethic but he takes time to go the extra mile. Whether it be something for DECA’s social media or something for class, he tries to make it happen. He also looks out for his classmates and makes sure everyone is okay. Without him our project wouldn’t have been as successful as it is. He doesn’t have the mindset of some students who would much rather just put in the minimum effort and take the easy way out. He puts in work to make DECA enjoyable for all of us in the club,” Patel said.

Musani hopes to pursue accounting at DePaul University next year, “without all the opportunities I’ve been given these past couple years I wouldn’t have made it as far as I have now and I’m honored to receive this award.”

Previous installment in the series:

Mariam Aamir – https://www.nileswestnews.org/features/principals-recognition-award-mariam-aamir/