Annual Pasta ‘N Pops Fundraiser to be Held Saturday

Every May, the Fine Arts Department hosts the two-in-one dinner and concert, Pasta ‘n Pops. The concert is the department’s biggest fundraiser and will be taking place Saturday, May 7.

Tickets will be $10 at the auditorium door, where performances from choir, orchestra, and band will take place. Some choir performances include “You Can’t Stop the Beat”, “Somebody to Love”, and “Under Pressure” as an a cappella performance. Orchestra has prepared “18 12”, “Salute to Irvin Berlin”, and more. Band will be playing along with Symphonic Band and Jazz Band; “The Victors” and “El Cumbanchero” are just a couple of the songs band will be performing. With such a broad set list, students feel it’s a good way to recognize other’s work.

“Other than the food being really good last year, it was nice to see the other students’ hard work because we don’t have time the rest of the year to appreciate that,” sophomore choir and orchestra member Julia Gladysz said.

While watching the performances, families get to eat their pasta. Along with that, students bring desserts from home and share it with everyone. Usually Pasta ‘n Pops is attended by the families of the student musicians.

“It’s really fun for the whole family. Parents get to see their kids play and everyone is just proud eating pasta,” junior choir member Hailey Shapiro said.

Students believe it’s good to be able to see other students perform.

“It’s a wonderful opportunity to see the talents of other students at Niles West,” junior Chester Beck said.

And really other than the fundraising, it’s a great opportunity to have students’ parent’s come and see what they’ve been working at all year long.