The Niles West News Pre-Season Reveal

Congratulations on a successful school year to all of the students at Niles West. Good luck to all of the seniors on their future endeavors, you will be dearly missed. With only finals week left to conclude the 2015-2016 school year, we can look forward to two things: a needed summer break and your next year’s Niles West News star-studded staff.

The section editor lineup for next year are the talented young blood: Grace Geraghty as your news editor; the driven Jackie Bajric editing features; the feisty Rachel Velarde introducing a new Arts & Entertainment section to the site; and the well-rounded Christina Lappas providing your sports section. All of these talented writers and editors will be managed by the hardworking Duaa Israr, who is your editorial managing editor.

On the Digital end of Niles West News, we have the expert Katherine Khoury managing all of the NWN social media accounts, and the dynamic duo editing photos, Sammy Butera and Sophia George. Both of these youngsters have NWN in their blood, as Sammy’s sister Emily Butera was the previous Editor-In-Chief, and Sophia’s sister, Jenna George was a wizard of the media library and provided the NWN with top quality pictures. Last, but definitely not least, Inana Zomaya will be the multimedia director. Inana brings a lot to the table with her extensive knowledge in video software and can-do attitude. This video team will be supervised by the superior award-winning, Sana Kadir.

Next year’s Editor-In-Chief is yours truly, (George Panoutsos). I have been a part of the Niles West News for three years now, and am excited to bring new things to the site next year. I have traveled across the country with the NWN on trips in San Diego and Orlando and am excited to bring my experience back to the newsroom to assure the students of Niles West the high quality news they are used to seeing from the NWN.

The Niles West News is coming off of one of the strongest award winning years in staff history, and if anyone can repeat that, it is the people previously mentioned. We are looking forward to providing top notch news with a wide variety of coverage. Make sure to stay tuned to the site over the course of next school year, as we will have new stories running every day of the week.