2016 Girls’ Golf Preview

As school starts up again, so does golf season. This Tryouts started on Wednesday, Aug. 10, and the first match is Thursday, Aug. 18 against Whitney Young at 4:15 p.m. at Tam golf course in Niles. This year, senior and varsity captain Amanda Lee said she is excited to see how the season goes.

Lee said this year will be different because of the loss of three key players who graduated (Katrina Nickell, Kristin Recinto, and Sara Dym); however, the team has about 10 returning members and some new players with lots of potential.

“I’m definitely excited for this year,” Lee said. “Last year I missed qualifying for state by two strokes, and this year I’m hoping that I can make it down. With this newer team it will be interesting to see how we do. It’ll be a change but I can’t wait to see what happens.”

She looks forward to seeing how far her team advances this season.

“Last year we placed second at our regional competition, and I’m hoping we can do the same or even better than before,” Lee said.

Although the team will be different this year without last year’s key plays, Lee  looks forward to leading and bonding with her teammates during this season, specifically with new members. 

“We have some fun times at tournaments and on our van rides. We have a good mix of people with different personalities, so it will be a fun season,” she said.