Seniors! Send in Fun Photos For Graduation

In an effort to create a video montage of senior life here at Niles West, cable TV producer Mike Hoffman is collecting photos from seniors.

If a senior captures a fun moment of themselves, they should email it to Mr. Hoffman ([email protected]). He will be collecting these photos throughout the year and will create a video montage of these moments to be played before the graduation ceremony.

Hoffman said he believes that families and friends attending can see how the year was through this montage.

“I believe the best way to represent your final year in high school, for all your attending friends and family to see, is for me to collect YOUR pictures from throughout the year,” he said.

You can send in photos from school events, such as homecoming or prom, or off-campus activities — just remember to keep them appropriate.

“What I’m looking for are pictures of actual senior life here at Niles West: classroom, field trips, backstage, the outdoor classroom, clubs, the observatory, selfies with recognizable Niles West landmarks in the shot, hanging with friends on or off campus, and artistic stuff (notice the first frame in the slideshow [from last year] — that red hand was someone’s photo of the cafeteria painting activity, and I loved it as a mood-setter for the whole show),” Hoffman said. “So feel free to be as creative or as low-key as you like. Just keep them clean — anything offensive or questionable will NOT make the final cut.”

Students said they think this is a good, memorable idea.

“I think it’s a neat idea that will bring many memories. I think it will keep my family members entertained while they wait for the ceremony to begin,” senior Weronika Jozwiak said.

Looking at it from a parent’s perspective, students like the atmosphere it provides them.

“[Parents] would be interested to see who I went [to school] with and what kind of atmosphere my class brought. In their perspective, [the atmosphere] would matter because they get an idea of how our school is like on the inside,” senior Juveriya Ali said.