Schedule for Homecoming 2016 Announced

Go Green Club pictured on their Homecoming Parade float.

This year’s homecoming week will take place from the Sept. 19 to 23. The homecoming football game will be held Sept. 23, and the dance is on Saturday, Sept. 24 at 7 p.m. in the auditorium.

Student activities director Katie Odell thinks that next week will go well, due to the excitement that always surrounds homecoming week.

“I feel like homecoming week is one of the funnest weeks at Niles West,” Odell said. “A lot of students get into it by dressing up and going to the dance. So, I think it’ll all go pretty well.”

Some students are excited for homecoming week and plan on attending the dance.

“I’m excited [for the dance]. I have nothing better to do, so I’m just going,”sophomore Angie Dao said. “I plan on going with my friends and I’m definitely looking forward to the good music and just having fun with my friends.”

However, some students will not be attending the dance.

“I’m – without a doubt – going to the football game; it’s always nice to see West put up an effort and hopefully win against another team,” junior Jessica Kalathil said. “However, I’m not going to attend the dance. Last year’s music wasn’t that good and not many of my friends are going.”

Next week’s schedules is as follows:

Friday, Sept. 16- Homecoming tickets go on sale for $15 during all lunch periods.

Monday, Sept. 19 – Spirit week begins with pajama day. Homecoming tickets are on sale for $20 during lunch periods.

Tuesday, Sept. 20 -The second day of spirit week is twin day. Homecoming tickets are on sale for $20 during lunch periods. The annual powderpuff game is held at 4:00 p.m. in the stadium.

Wednesday, Sept. 21 – Sports day. Homecoming tickets are on sale for $20 during lunch periods.

Thursday, Sept. 22 – Superhero day. Homecoming tickets are on sale for $20 during lunch periods. Homecoming float building begins at 3:30 p.m. in the field house.

Friday, Sept. 23 – Last day of spirit week, color wars. Homecoming tickets are on sale for $25 during lunch periods.

7:30 a.m.: Homecoming float judging

12:00 p.m.: Homecoming pep assembly begins.

1:40 p.m.: Homecoming parade begins.

7:00 p.m.: Homecoming football game against Glenbrook South begins.

Saturday, Sept. 24 at 7:00 p.m.: Homecoming dance begins. Tickets are sold for $30 at the door.