Makeup Monday: Baking and Its Benefits

Baking is a technique that has changed the makeup game. It is a popular trend that many people have been trying out in the past year or so. The technique claims to keep your under eyes and other areas of your face staying bright all day.

The term “baking” came into use because it is meant to be left on the face for a certain period of time with the powder still sitting there, and then swept away. This locks everything into place and leaves the skin smooth, crease-less, and bright.

The product used for baking is usually a loose translucent powder applied to the center of the forehead, under the eyes, the chin, and above the jawline.

There are a few ways you can apply the powder. You can use any regular makeup brush to tap or place the product on, a dry beauty blender to press the powder on, or you can use a damp beauty blender (my favorite way to apply it). The damp sponge grabs the product very nicely and is an easy way to pack the product onto your face.

There are many different translucent powders out at the moment, but the two most popular I’ve seen are the Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder and the RCMA No Color Powder.

The Laura Mercier powder is my favorite to use. I like it because it leaves my under eyes bright without making them look white. It is reasonably priced, at around $28. It also lasts for a reasonable amount of time.

Image result for laura mercier setting brightening powder

The RCMA powder is great because it is super inexpensive, and you get a lot of product when you purchase it. It costs around $12, which is a great price.

Image result for rcma no color powder