Niles West’s MSA Hosts Second Annual Ramaday

Phillip Duros: Auditioning for America’s Got Talent

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ2_ta_tlWo[/youtube]

Many people may know senior Phillip Duros for his role on the volleyball team, or perhaps as the kid who comes out to every pep assembly and manages to make crazy beats and sounds — with only his mouth.

Duros is a skilled and well-known beat boxer at Niles West who is planning to audition for the popular show “America’s Got Talent” to showcase his talent to millions of viewers.

“I started to beat box my freshman year of high school,” he said. “I was inspired to start beat boxing when Echo Effect came to my junior high and I heard someone was making drum sounds with their mouth.”

Auditioning for such a popular show at such a young age might evoke a lot of nervousness and anxiety, but Duros has high hopes and is excited for his shot at becoming a contestant.

“I am very excited for my audition and am trying to pace my mood for the week so I will peak at my highest during my auditions,” Duros said.

Duros has received an immense amount of support from family and friends throughout his beat boxing career, and he is taking their positive comments and support with him as he auditions.

“I have a lot of friends and family supporting me and giving me a lot of positive comments,” he said. “My stage name is M_C_PhillyD and the majority of my friends call me M_C. It’s a creative name I put together my sophomore year.”

Two of Duros’ biggest supporters are his counselor Mitchell Stern and senior Brayan Asatouri. Both of them are wishing Duros the best with his audition.

“Phil is a hard-working man who is very passionate about beat boxing,” Asatouri said. “He always tries to learn new sounds to add to his repertoire. I’m very excited for him and I think he can get somewhere with his skill.”

“I’ve told Phillip to enjoy the moment, he got to America’s Got Talent based on an amazing talent he worked hard to maintain,” Stern said. “My hope is that the judges not only see his talents but find out that he is a wonderful young man.”

Duros has worked hard for his chance to compete on America’s Got Talent and has a bright future ahead of him with a skill that so few have mastered. Be sure to wish him luck before his audition this Saturday!