Meet Me in a Minute: Gabriela Tellez

Many people may know senior Gabriela Tellez for her role as a varsity athlete on the volleyball court. However, few people know about her other two passions: playing piano and engineering.

From the moment she started playing piano when she was in first grade, Tellez immediately fell in love with the instrument.

I feel like I’m in a different world where all my worries go away. I don’t have to think about volleyball, school, or anything else. I guess you could say it’s a way for me to escape all of my troubles and worries, and it’s a way for me to express myself,” Tellez said. 

Inside of  school, many of her classmates describe Tellez as being an amazing person.

“She works really hard as a student and is very dedicated. She’s always asking other students or her teachers for help. She’s really down to earth and selfless, which makes her an amazing person,” senior Jessye Gassel said.

Former engineering classmate and senior Casey Sproat said that she believes Tellez’s personality greatly influences her successes.

She is so incredibly smart and is truly great at whatever she sets her mind to. Her kind ways help her with success outside of school because she is incredibly dedicated to whatever she does and always brings a bright happy vibe to the environment she is in,” Sproat said.

Tellez consistently tries to give it her best because she doesn’t want to have any regrets in life. As for the future, Tellez hopes to have a major in engineering and a minor in music. One of her biggest dreams is becoming one of  Disney’s Imagineers, people who are responsible for the creativity and design as well as function of Disney theme parks around the world.