The NWP w/ Bryanna and Fiona Presents: Oscars Red Carpet Looks, Featuring Leila Meseljevic and Lejla Orman

Wifi Upgrades Announced for Second Semester

The AAL Technology Help desk announced via an email to students on Dec. 12 that an upgraded wireless network will be in place when students return from winter break on Monday, Jan. 9.

The upgrade will take place over break, with students receiving an email with instructions on how to connect to the improved wifi using their unique private access key on Dec. 28; each access key permits students to connect on just two devices at one time. As part of the new streamlined system, all students will connect to “NTHS-Student,” rather than the “NTHS-Class-20XX” networks that previously existed.

Students have not been shy about professing their disdain for the current wifi system.

“The current wifi is very slow for students. There are many devices that students aren’t using that are connected to the wifi, slowing it down for everyone else,” junior Darius Alasu said. “It’s garbage.”

“Considering that I never look forward to connecting to this wifi, it’s really exciting to know that I’m actually going to be able to do work in school,” junior Nathan Glancy said.

A large portion of the student body is excited for the switch to a superior system.

“The wifi improvements at this school will greatly improve the lives of the students,” junior Jimmy Brocar said.

“This current wifi is trash, and it just won’t work on my computer,” junior Nasim Salehitezangi said. “I’m super pumped for the system update!”

Student Technology Help Desk Tech leaders, students who volunteer their time in the tech department during school, explained the reasons and benefits that are motivating the switch.

“The main reason we are upgrading is because our current setup is pretty old, and a lot of students still complain about how slow it is during school hours,” sophomore Franklin Moi explained.

“Now there’s going to be a limit of two devices per person, so it doesn’t cram up the server too much and make it slow. Since everyone has their own access code, they won’t be able to overwhelm it and slow it down,” senior Zunair Muhammad added.