Niles North to host Seventh Annual Pizza Wars

The Education Foundation, with assistance from Dance Marathon, will present the seventh annual Pizza Wars on Thursday, Jan. 19 at Niles North High School beginning at 6pm.

Pizza Wars is one of the most popular fundraisers to take place outside of school, with the money raised going to help students in need district-wide. Dance Marathon sponsor Lauren Flahive thinks Pizza Wars is a great way for Dance Marathon students to help out as well.

“I appreciate our DM [Dance Marathon] students’ involvement with the D219 Foundation because the Foundation supports students in need in our district with various services and materials as students at West and North,” Flahive said.

This year’s contenders include Jet’s Pizza, Lou Malnati’s, Organic Life, Pie Five, Piero’s Pizza, Village Inn Pizzeria, Wa-Pa-Ghetti’s Pizza, and more.

Due to the fun nature of the event, many students are excited about Pizza Wars.

“I haven’t tried that many different kinds of pizza, so I’m looking forward to finding myself a new favorite pizza place,” senior Kenan Nezirevic said.

“I’m excited to go to Pizza Wars for the first time this year because I’ve never tried pizza that I haven’t liked,” senior Henry Lee said. “Walking around and eating unlimited pizza sounds like heaven to me.”

Tickets for this event can be purchased online through January 19 for $12. Tickets can also be purchased at the door for $15.

One ticket entitles you to a night of family fun, live entertainment, and the ability to taste pizza from each participating restaurant.The pizza tasting will begin at 6:00 p.m. and end once all of the pizza is gone. The night ends at 8:30 p.m. with the results of the winning restaurant.