Boys Volleyball Defeated by Rivals

It was a close call as the boys varsity volleyball team nearly defeated their rivals, the Niles North Vikings. They ended up losing in the third set with a final score of 25-20 on their home court.

Sophomore Evan Han thought they played well as team despite the difficult loss.

“It’s a work in progress, but our team did really well for the set. We fell apart during the second part slightly — we should have had less hitting errors than we had, but we are working on it,” Han said.

Although West lost, they don’t have their heads down.They played very competitive game right down to the end winning the first set but lost the next one, taking the match into a third set, then losing 25-20 in the last set.

Junior and varsity player Nikola Dimitrijevic didn’t think they should have lost that game.

“We could have beaten them, but we weren’t consistent throughout the entire match. Personally, I think that I definitely could have improved my passing,” Dimitrijevic said.

Even though Niles West is 5-11, there are reasons for hope and optimism, considering there are only three seniors on the team, so next year’s team will have lots of experience.

Sophomore Roland Teivans wants the team’s approach to be more aggressive.

“We came out aggressive, but as the game went on we started to become soft and give up. For us we need burn these next couple teams and come out strong,” Teivans said.

Boys volleyball will play Glenbrook South on Thursday April 20, at 6:00 p.m. at Glenbrooks home. The next home game for boys volleyball is this Friday vs Downers Grove Invite.