What the Teachers Won’t Tell: An Advice Column for Students

Well, Wolves, we’ve survived the first month of school!  By now we’ve probably all adjusted to the uncompleted construction (yet again!),  the awesome new cell phone policy, the yummy  new cafeteria food, and the new Open Office program.  Plus, those of you who aren’t seniors are facing the possibility of a new school-day schedule for next year.  As great as the new cell phone policy and cafeteria food are, though, they won’t mask the fact that sometimes high school isn’t so easy to deal with.

I mean, sure, there are friendships that will last a lifetime, teachers that will change our look on life, and memories we’ll never forget, but who are we kidding to say that it will all happen without a few problems along the way?  I’m sure that there will be nights that we have more homework than we have time for, relationships that we can’t get to last, friends we can’t stop fighting with, stress that we can’t shake, and all sorts of things we could use advice.That’s not even touching on subjects that will define our futures like scoring well on the ACT, applying to college, or maintaining a good GPA.

Well, lucky for you, I’ve decided to write an advice column answering any of it.  I may not always have the answer you’re looking for, but I’ll always do my best to help you out.  If I can’t answer your question, I’ll try to find someone who can.  So, whether you’re a freshman adjusting to high school, a senior suffering from senioritis long before graduation, a junior trying to or a sophomore or junior with any problem in between, submit a problem, question, comment, or anything to our drop box and I’ll try to help you out.

I don’t know what year you might be or what you might be going through right at this moment, but I’m looking forward to this year (I mean, it is my senior year) and I hope we can all get through it together relatively drama-free! So, good luck this year, and, just remember, if it doesn’t seem to go how you planned, or if you could use a bit of help, don’t forget to ask! Chances are that you aren’t the only one experiencing it!

https://www.nileswestnews.org/news/committee-studys-school-day-schedule/