Backlot Bash Dunk Tank to Kickoff Dance Marathon This Weekend

Student Activities Director Jessica Ogulnik in the dunk tank at last year's Backlot Bash. Photo courtesy of Dance Marathon

Want to dunk principal Kaine Osburn or student activities director Jessica Ogulnik? You might have your chance when Dance Marathon holds its yearly Backlot Bash Dunk Tank fundraiser in downtown Skokie tomorrow and Sunday, Aug. 28 during the hours of 2 and 6 p.m.

Dance Marathon’s Dunk Tank fundraiser will benefit the charities Special Gifts Theatre and the District 219 Foundation For Excellence. Some of the activities held at the Backlot Bash along with dunking will include face painting and t-shirt sales. In the past two years, Dance Marathon has raised more than $3000 on the dunk tank.

“This is a great fundraiser and a great way to kick off our year.  The community, the administrators, the teachers, and the students all work together in order to raise money,” said Ogulnik.

According to Ogulnik, this fundraiser will also help to raise awareness.

“This has been a very successful fundraiser for us in the best, but more importantly it is a great way for us to raise awareness of our new charity within the community.  Special Gifts Theater Group will be there, making bracelets, and interacting with the community,” she said.

Junior Lyba Zia also says this is a great way to raise charities.

“Dance Marathon has been fundraising at the Backlot Bash for a couple of years now and each year we make a generous amount with the help of the community, students, and staff. The dunk tank is very popular, but we will also be doing face-painting, henna tattoos, and selling Dance Marathon t-shirts,” Zia said.