Missing Men’s Bathroom Stalls will Return

Wyatt zwik

The men’s bathroom without stalls has been the cause of confusion for many students.

By Divitya Vakil, News Editor

Stalls in the men’s bathroom in the 3400 wing are being replaced due to damages caused by students. The removal of the stalls is unrelated to a conflict with a security guard, which took place in a bathroom last week and has been separately addressed.

Assistant Principal of Operations Mark Rigby explained that a student damaged stall doors irreparably, requiring the stalls to be fully replaced.

“Those things [stalls] are twenty years old and we don’t have them in stock, so it takes 10 days to two weeks to replace them,” Rigby said. “It costs us 500 dollars every time kids decide to kick them or do whatever they want to do. If we can’t salvage them, they have to be replaced.”

Students at first were alarmed at the missing doors, which led to many jumping to possible conclusions about the reasoning behind the decision.

“I was mad. I wanted to [use the bathroom] in peace and now I’m going to have people walking up to me,” junior Bradley Pawlow said.

Others offered some solutions to prevent an incident like this from happening in the future.

“Maybe we could give the security guards a shortlist of suspected or high-risk people to keep tabs on when they go to the bathroom,” junior Alan Duong said. “It sucks that the school has to pay to replace stalls because of idiots. It’s also hard to punish them and hold them accountable because there aren’t any security cameras in the bathrooms.”

Many felt that this was an incredibly rare occurrence, considering the bathrooms are in decent condition.

“I think the stalls are in terrific condition,” one student said. “Sometimes the locks don’t work but other than that it’s all good.”

Despite the confusion about the bathrooms, the stalls have been missed so far by several students.

“I don’t think we should be jumping to conclusions,” junior Umar Ahmed said. “I am kind of bummed out that we can’t poop in peace, but I mean, life isn’t fair.”