Lit Center Accepting Applications for Prospective Tutors

Senior Dylan Duong tutors senior Thi Le in the Lit Center

By Divitya Vakil, News Editor

The Lit Center is now accepting applications for prospective tutors in the 2018-2019 school year. The Lit Center boasts over 120 tutors and averages 120 visits each day. The process includes filling out a google form and then stopping by for an in-person interview.

Tutors earn an extra 0.5 credits each semester, which is a perk that only Lit Center tutors receive.

Lit Center Clerk Tamar Boghossian encourages everyone to apply to be a tutor, no matter what credentials one has.

“You should be a tutor if you enjoy helping your peers and enjoy the satisfaction of that ‘ah ha’ moment. The Lit Center is a welcoming place and we’ll tackle all subjects,” Boghossian said.
Tutors often apply because they were already assisting their peers outside of school.

“I really enjoy tutoring in the Lit Center because I was already helping so many friends in my classes and I didn’t have a lot of time to help them out of school when they asked. Tutoring in the Lit Center was a great way of solving this problem,” senior Michael Rohn said.

Senior Mathews Chirayil has been a tutor for the past three years and has enjoyed his experience.

“[When] reflecting on being a tutor for three years, it was beneficial and I got to meet the underclassmen. You get to connect with people who are younger than you and see things from their perspective,” he said.

Sophomore Anna Urosev, a first-year tutor, has already grown to love being in the Lit Center.

“I always saw how other people were getting help, myself included, and I wanted to be a part of that,” Urosev said. “It also looks good on college applications so that is always a plus.”

The last date to turn in an application is Wednesday, April 11.