Tips and Tricks for Finals

By Nirvana Meseljevic, Staff Writer

We all know how stressful finals week can be when that time of the semester comes. All that’s going through our minds is how we can manage to not fail and get to the end of the year with somewhat decent grades. Here’s some ways to help with destressing and preparing for finals.

1. Prioritize your time. You may think that studying the day before will help keep the information in your brain, but trust me when I tell you that cramming won’t end up helping you with anything. Spread out your time wisely with each subject days prior to the day of the final.
  2. Do the review packets because your teachers made them for a reason! I know when you get handed that fat packet with all those practice problems, it’s the last thing you want to do. The least you should do is a couple problems in each section so you have some practice in each unit you’re tested on. In the end, it’ll never hurt you to do some extra practice for finals.
  3. The most important thing of all, get a good night sleep the night before. You probably hear this all the time, but if you stay up all night studying, you’re only going to exhaust yourself before you take the actual final. Being well rested before finals is important because it’ll give you the energy you need to do well.

Remember, don’t overthink it too much, just breathe. At the end of the day if you studied and you know the material that’s going to be covered, you’re at a good place and you’ll do well on your finals. Good luck!