2018 Boys Varsity Football vs. North Preview

By Ethan Carey, Staff Writer

The biggest part of the boys’ football season is here: Friday, Oct. 12, marks the homecoming game against North and it’s looking to be the most exciting game of the year by far. The boys have been preparing for this game all years and other than the playoffs, is the most important part of the year.

All of the boys are pumped for the game and they all know what needs to be done in order for the trophy to stay in the case here at home.

The homecoming game is very important to the boys especially this year considering it’s against, Niles North, West’s rival. The homecoming atmosphere both in the crowd and on the field is way different than any other regular season game making it that much better.

“Well, what I’m looking forward to personally is to do what I can do to help our team succeed. Whatever I need to do in order for us to secure the bag is going to be done. I’ve played North two times and I haven’t lost yet, and so have most of the seniors, so to end high school with a perfect record against North would be great. Also, Mike McKay stole a pick six from me last year against North so hopefully this year I can get him back,” senior Adnan Perazic said.

“It’s just from atmosphere around the school that this isn’t like any other game during the year,” junior Kevin Eslick said. “Overall, the game is much more exciting because everyone comes to watch especially this year because it’s against our rivals, Niles North, and that just makes it even crazier.”

At the end of the day, the boys are still just looking for what they can do to get the dub and keep the crosstown trophy here in the case at West where it belongs.

“What I’m looking forward to the most is just playing and looking into the crowd to see everyone cheering us on. Every time we play north its a good game and this year should too but in the end were just looking to get the victory and keep the trophy in our case,” junior Jack Lochner said.

“What we hope to accomplish as a team is is what we set out to do every week, get a win. But since it’s against North, and it’s our homecoming game, that makes it even bigger. North is the biggest and most important game all season and not many schools have the same rivalry we do. Overall its going to be a dogfight and I’m hoping our student section and stands are filled to the max to come support us come Friday night,” Perazic said.

The football game will be held here at west on Friday, Oct. 12, at 7:00 p.m. Make sure you come out and support the boys during this game, as its the biggest game of the year for them.