Wilde & Greene Delights–Comment to Win a $10 Giftcard

Margharita Pizza. photo by Milana
The Margharita Pizza at Wilde and Greene at Old Orchard. Photo by Milana Pehar

Wilde & Greene Restaurant + Natural Market recently hosted its Grand Opening at the  Westfield Shopping Mall in Old Orchard (4999 Old Orchard Center, Ste. C18 in Skokie) to display their variety of food choices such as Far East Cuisine, Seafood, Pizzeria, Bakery, and Pastries.  As we walked into the restaurant, every employee greeted us with a warm welcome and appetizers, which tasted unbelievably amazing. The entire atmosphere in the restaurant was uplifting and very energetic.

The first entree we tried was the Margherita Pizza (made with buffalo cheese, fresh basil, oven roasted tomatoes, and garlic), which we tasted fresh out of the oven. There were many different types of pizzas; from Vegan Pizza to Rustic Herb Chicken Pizza . The price of the pizzas also varied, starting from $4.00 per slice to $8.00 for an entire pizza.

Crepe Photo by Milana
A Crepe at Wilde and Greene. Photo by Milana Pehar

The Salad Bar had a vast array of pasta salads, caesar salads, rice salads, and more. We tried the original Caesar Salad with shrimp and/or chicken. The ingredients used for the Caesar dressing were mouthwatering. The addition of shrimp or chicken is a great way to spice up the flavor. Also, we tried the cold pasta with different vegetables. The vegetables tasted freshly cut and were cooked perfectly to mix in with the noodles.

Anyone who would enjoy Mexican cuisine should stop by the Mexican Station at Wilde & Green. The Vegetarian Fajitas with the Smokey Chipotle sauce, lettuce,  red onions, tomatoes and shredded cheese make a great combination for a taste of Hispanic cuisine. They have different kinds of fajitas, from veggie to meat. The prices may differ depending on what you get (Veggie fajitas are $6.98 and Chicken fajitas are $8.98).

The next thing we tried were crepes. They were serving two kinds of crepes, Banana and Strawberry, both homemade and topped with freshly made whipped cream, fresh fruit, and chocolate syrup. The prices of the crepes were $7.98 for the Banana crepes and $8.98 for the Strawberry crepes.

Stracciatella Gelato Photo by Milana
Stracciatella Gelato Photo by Milana Pehar

One of the final things we had was Italian gelato. The Gelato Station offers an assortment of flavors from Straciatella (vanilla creme-flavored) to Coffee-flavored ice cream. The gelato is served in freshly baked waffle cones. A great way to give out appetizers was to use mini waffle cones for a taste of the gelato. The gelato tastes creamy and brain freezing. One scoop of gelato costs $3.29, two scoops is $5.29, and three scoops is $8.69.

Overall, if you want to go to a restaurant with good ambiance, food, and service, then Wilde & Greene + Natural Market is a great restaurant to choose. The employees are very personable and welcoming.  The prices may vary depending on what you get, but overall the prices are pretty standard and the food is very organic and fresh compared to other restaurants. If we were to rate this restaurant, we would definitely give it an 8.5 for everything. Wilde & Greene Restaurant + Natural Market is a great place to visit and dine.

Do you want a chance to win a free $10 giftcard to Wilde & Green Restaurant +Natural Market?!  We’re giving away TWO, so you have a better chance to win!  It’s simple; all you need to do to enter is comment on this review!

To enter the contest, simply leave a comment:

• Have you been to Wilde & Green Restaurant +Natural Market?  If so, what did you think?
  • If not, after reading the review, do you plan on visiting Wilde & Green Restaurant +Natural Market?
  • What new food item sounds the most delicious to you?

Comment as much as you would like, but you will only get an entry for your first.

This giveaway is open to STUDENTS ONLY (sorry teachers! NWN staff is not allowed to enter either!)

One winner will be selected via random.org. The winners will be contacted via email and will be announced on Morning Announcements.

This contest ends Friday, Oct. 7 at 8 AM. So act quick!