MENU

West Will Remember Actor Luke Perry

Back to Article
Back to Article

West Will Remember Actor Luke Perry

By Andrea Espino, Staff Writer

Actor Luke Perry was pronounced dead Monday, Mar. 4 at 52 years old. Just last week on Thursday he was admitted to the hospital after suffering a massive stroke. During his last moments of life he was surrounded by his family and close friends. Luke Perry left behind his fiance Madison Bauer and ex-wife Minnie Sharp. He had two kids with Sharp.

Although Perry was famous in the ’90s, he has humbler backgrounds as a construction worker. It took him 256 auditions to get his very first gig. In 1991 he made a pact with actor Jason Priestley to never let fame get to their heads, and thus Perry will be remembered as being humble.

To most adults, Perry was known as an actor on “Beverly Hills, 90210” that came out in the ’90s. Teachers still can recall the frenzy over him.

“All the girls had posters of him on their walls,” social studies teacher Shaun Waldron said.

He played one of the main characters named Dylan, the token “bad boy” that all the girls were crushing over.

The day that Perry was admitted to the hospital was the day that the producers of “90210” announced that there was going to be a reunion of the cast to make a couple of shows. During the 90’s Perry won best male actor for three straight years for being on “90210” many teens would get together and watch it.

“It was like a soap opera an he was very famous for his part because he was a teen heart drop,” social studies teacher Joseph Edwards said.

Since his start, he acted in at least 22 other movies. Many of the kids in today’s generation, including West students, know him from the hit TV show Riverdale. He played the main character of the show, Archie’s dad who was a single dad that owned his own construction company and was having a hard time with money. He will be deeply missed by not only older generations, but this generation as well.

“Riverdale has been one of my favorite shows recently and to see a strong charterer die at such a young age is heartbreaking to me,” freshman Nabeela Suleiman said.

Fellow cast members are joining in on this grieving.

“I can barely find the words. I am devastated. I’m finding it hard to grasp that he will no longer be around to give long hugs and share his wisdom and kindness with all of us,” tweeted fellow castmate Lili Reinhart.

Perry left this world too early but brought lots of joy to all generations. He will be remembered by the world and West students and teachers.