Annual College Night Scheduled for March 19

Colleges await interested students at their booths on College Night. Photo by Vicky Robles.

By Aila Durakovic, Staff Writer

The annual college night for freshmen, sophomores and juniors will be held Tues., Mar. 19th from 6:30 to 8:30 pm. 215 colleges and universities will be in attendance to talk to students about post-high school plans.

College Career director Daniel Gin will be present at the event and help guide students on what colleges they should talk to and learn more about.

“It’s very exciting because it’s an opportunity for our students to learn about a lot of colleges in a short period of time to get some nice brochures and meet college representatives,” Gin said.

Junior Michael Daratzis is planning on going and is looking forward to talking with all the different representatives that will be there.

“I’m looking forward to building bonds with representatives from different universities, which could help me with the application process down the road,” Daratzis said. “Receiving pamphlets from universities is also great, as they contain basic information about what it is like to attend that university.”

Daratzis sees this as an open opportunity to learn about schools that will fulfill his wants and needs for the future.

“College night is a great opportunity to see what some schools are really about. Personally, I want to see the different requirements needed to get into certain schools, and the people from universities that will be coming to West will be very knowledgeable about that information,” Daratzis.

It’s never too early for underclassmen to start having ideas for their futures. Sophomore Alen Perazic finds it quite necessary and important to attend a night full of beneficial information about something that a majority of kids futures is going to be based around.

“I want to know and be aware of all the different colleges out there that I’d be interested in applying to,” Perazic said. “I feel like it’s important to go to college night as a sophomore because in a couple of years, you’ll have to have figured out what you want to do and I feel that it’s better to figure that out earlier.”

Freshmen, sophomores, and juniors make sure to take advantage of this opportunity and visit college night on Tuesday to open your mind to all the different colleges and universities.