Chick-Fil-A vs. Popeyes: Who Has the Better Chicken Sandwich

By Stefan Simic, Staff Writer

The new Popeyes chicken sandwich, which debuted on Aug. 12, has taken the nation by storm. As soon as the sandwich dropped, thousands of people flocked to their nearest Popeyes to try this magical sandwich. Within hours, almost every single store was sold out.

All over social media, people have been talking non-stop about the sandwich, so once they restocked last Wednesday, I had to try it. I went with my fellow senior Samir Ozaki, and my little sophomore brother Luka Simic. We went to a Popeyes near my house, spent ten dollars for two sandwiches, and dug in.

The first bite was overwhelming because all the components of the sandwich fit perfectly together. The chicken was tender, moist, and packed with flavor. Their special sauce, which is just mayo mixed with some other sauce, compliments the sandwich well, as it adds even more flavor to the already flavorful sandwich.

“My favorite part of this whole sandwich had to be the sauce,” Ozaki said. “Don’t get me wrong, the chicken was really tasty, but the thing that made this sandwich better then Chick-fil-A’s was the sauce. The sauce tasted incredible. I don’t know how they did it.”

My little brother, on the other hand, thinks this is the best chicken sandwich he has ever had. He finished his in about two minutes and automatically begged me for another. The Popeyes we went to had sold out, so I had to give my last half to my brother.

“Hands down, that was the best chicken sandwich I had ever eaten,” Simic said. “It was so good that I made my brother give me half of his sandwich. I urge everyone to try this sandwich because you will never know how good it actually is until you try it.”

Ozaki and Simic aren’t the only ones who think so highly of this sandwich. Senior Sarkis Barkho also believes that this is one of the best chicken sandwiches yet.

“The Popeyes chicken sandwich has more to offer than the Chick fil a’ sandwich,” Barkho said. “First of all, for the money your paying between the two, the Popeyes chicken sandwich is much more worth it, as it’s only $3.99. Secondly, the Popeyes chicken sandwich tastes 100 times better than Chick-fil-A’s. Finally, Chick-fil-A signature sauce cannot compare to Popeyes signature sauce.” Similar to the others, I too prefer Popeyes over Chick-fil-A. Although Chick-fil-A’s sandwiches aren’t bad, they don’t stand a chance against Popeyes.

The feud between the two chicken fast-food corporations will rage on, as both competitors keep trying to reel in more revenue. As of right now, it is evident to see that Popeyes is currently winning this race, as most restaurants have run out of the signature chicken sandwich.

The Popeyes chicken sandwich is something different, and I strongly recommend everyone to try one. Who knows, you might fall in love with it.