How Students Are Staying Organized and Productive During Quarantine

By Eiman Navaid, Staff Writer

While students all over the world are in quarantine as a preventative measure against the spread of COVID-19, also known as the coronavirus, many are finding it difficult to keep their motivation for remote/online learning, amongst many other activities. Students at West have also been dealing with the direct effects of the pandemic, and many have tested and tried ways in which they are still able to reach their full potential while being sheltered in their homes.

Senior Ceana Plurad fits in a variety of activities throughout her day, including, but not limited to, working out, practicing her instrument, and arts and crafts. She also finds herself reaching out to people during this period of social distancing.

“I also talk to people I normally wouldn’t make time for,” Plurad said.

Most students have never experienced online learning before, so establishing a routine was very important. Students like senior Maram Mustafa had trouble finding her balance in the beginning, but eventually, she figured out what worked for her.

“I get out of bed and force myself to sit at a table, because I know I can not be productive if I’m not at a table or a desk,” Mustafa said.

Mustafa also spreads out her work throughout the day, so she has time for her hobbies, such as baking.

Students also had to resort to new ways in which they could interact with their friends, as seeing them inside school was no longer an option. Senior Amani Laliwala makes sure to stay in touch with her friends despite social distancing, keeping them physically apart.

“I FaceTime my friends when we’re both free to stay in touch,” Laliwala said.

Laliwala also makes sure to get as much fresh air as possible, so she goes outside to walk when the weather is nice out. This seems to be a running trend among many, as going on walks outside has become a daily activity for many families and individuals.

Overall, students are starting to get used to the quarantine lifestyle and have found what makes them the most productive and efficient, whether that be making time for their hobbies, talking to old friends, or making sure to get fresh air.