Another Possible COVID-19 Vaccination at Niles West

Administration site: Niles West Field house 

By Emily Chin, Staff Writer

An email was sent out to students and parents on April 30 about another possible COVID-19 vaccination. The Skokie Health Department announced that they will be offering the Pfizer vaccination to all D219 students who are 16 and older. 

The first dose of the vaccination will be administered on May 11 and May 12, while the second dose will be administered on June 1 and June 2. Both will be administered between 10 am to 2 pm at the Niles West Field house.

It will later be discussed which days are designated for Niles West students and which days are for Niles North students. 

Students eligible for the vaccination must not receive any sort of vaccination in the previous 14 days and will also have to wait 14 days after dose 2 of the COVID-19 vaccination to receive any other vaccine. No other vaccinations should have been received from April 27 to June 17. 

A survey will be sent to the families of students 16 and up in the Campus Parent Portal to see whether they would like their child to receive their vaccination at Niles West (through the Skokie Health Department). Families should respond to the survey by Tuesday, May 4. If answered yes, families will be sent consent forms and additional details. For more questions, contact D219 Certified School Nurse, Destiny Sadoski, at [email protected].