Announcement: College Night on Tuesday, March 22

Students gather in the Contest Gym to speak with representatives from colleges across the country on College Night.

By Alicia Malek, Academics Editor

The 45th annual District 219 College Fair will take place on Tuesday, March 22, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Niles West.

The College Fair is an event where around 170 college representatives visit to familiarize students with colleges. This event can help students plan their post-high school year.

According to an email that College and Career Counselor Daniel Gin sent out, “There will be schools ranging from the traditional two and four years, International Colleges, the military academies, to specialize schools (culinary, art, etc).”

Gin recommends students to register at https://strivefair.com prior to the event.

“You will be able to register now to get a barcode for the college fair. Show your barcode to the colleges who will scan it to send you more information about their schools. It is free and will save you time. A day after the fair, you’ll receive an email report with information on the colleges that scanned you,” Gin said.

Get a head start on your post-high school plans and connect with colleges at the District 219 College Fair.