Announcement: Spring Break Reset, More Like Password Resets

Email+sent+to+student+to+change+their+gmail+passwords.+

Email sent to student to change their gmail passwords.

By Gia Bexes, Staff Writer

Per an email sent out on Thursday, Mar. 31 by Niles West Principal Karen Ritter, the Niles West community was informed that Canvas was down for all staff and students. “We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you at this time,” the email stated.

Following this email, another email was sent Friday, April 1st regarding student D219 passwords being reset. “As a result of a recent security incident, all D219 student passwords are being reset later today, Friday, April 1, 2022. Once that password reset is complete, students will not be able to access district tools such as school email, Campus Student, and Canvas (as well as chromebooks and personal devices)” the email stated.

The email from April 1st mentioned that new temporary passwords plus instructions regarding updating passwords and access to Canvas will be sent to Parents/Guardians via email that afternoon.

Also attached in the email were instructions to students about what to do once their parent/guardian received an email.

Parents/guardians should check their email inbox or their junk folders, if not received, for the temporary password. Students, once your parent/guardian receives an email with your new temporary password, use this password to log in to your chromebook. Then, update your password as soon as possible.

If your parent or guardian did not receive an email, the email directed students to head to the IT Customer Service center where you can receive your temporary password and information to help you regain access to your email and Canvas.