Niles West Homecoming Week 2022 Has Begun- Information You Should Know

By Gia Bexes, Features Editor

At last, it is that time of the year that everyone has been waiting for: Homecoming season. This year’s homecoming season brings lots of excitement here at West, especially the Homecoming Dance.

Last year, Niles West did not have a homecoming dance and instead set up a homecoming festival during the football game. Therefore, due to last year and COVID, freshmen, sophomores and juniors have not yet experienced the Homecoming dance.

To start off, there will be many fun ways for students and staff to show off their school spirit! Speaking of spirit, the themes for Spirit Week have been announced to the student body. Monday is Sports Day, Tuesday is Twin Day, Wednesday is Adam Sandler Day, Thursday is Soccer Mom vs Barbecue Dad day, and Friday is Class Color day.

Along with these themes, there will also be fun activities on each spirit day. On Monday, homeroom door decorating judging will take place, and there will also be a DJ in the cafeteria. On Tuesday, there will be Yard Games and DECA’s very own Decalicous Kick-off. Also, to show off your Adam Sandler Day outfit, there will be a photo booth located in the cafeteria on Wednesday. On Thursday, get ready for some karaoke in the cafeteria as well for the Powder puff game at 7 p.m! Finally, on Friday students will attend the Homecoming Pep-Assembly in the afternoon, and the Homecoming Football Game at 7 p.m. The Pep-Assembly will take place during ninth period on Friday.

Don’t forget to vote for Niles West’s Homecoming Court Royalty of the 2022-2023 school year! Every vote counts and two seniors will be crowned during the Pep-Assembly. Voting starts Tuesday.

Last but not least, tickets for the Chromatica Ball Homecoming Dance will go on sale starting Monday. Tickets are sold online through the infinite campus portal. On Monday and Tuesday, tickets will sell for $20. On Wednesday and Friday, tickets are $25. If you purchase tickets on Friday, they are $30, and if you purchase tickets at the door on Saturday evening, they will cost $35. The Homecoming Dance will take place on Saturday at 6 p.m. and ends at 9 p.m. In an email sent by the Director of Student Activities, Sarah Struebing, a document with all homecoming dance information is linked.

One important piece of information in the document is that only students in District 219 are eligible to attend the dance. The document stated that this is to ensure safety for our school community. As for food and drink, cookies will be served as well as lemonade and sweet tea. Also, students must arrive by 7 p.m. and are not able to leave before 8 p.m. Entrance and exit is through Door 1.