Senior Spotlight: Trisha Cirineo

Senior+Trisha+Cirineo+posing+with+a+basketball.+

Senior Trisha Cirineo posing with a basketball.

By Isa Gil, Arts and Entertainment Editor

For many students, finding the right hobby or sport to stick with can be a challenge, however, for senior Trisha Cirineo, the task came easily. Cirineo has played the same sport since she was ten. That being said, she has recognized some of her weaknesses and strengths on and off the basketball court.

“Offensive movement and communication with my teammates is something I think I can improve on. As for strengths, I believe my confidence has improved over the years whenever I step on the court. Also, with the amount of experience I’ve gained, I feel like I finally have a full understanding of my role on the team. Furthermore, the transition from youngest on varsity to the oldest has given me wisdom which I carry through our games, practices, film sessions, or team bondings to create a positive impact,” Cirineo said.

Since it is Cirineos’ last year, these moments on the girls varsity basketball team are bittersweet, and she is willing to live them up to the fullest. “I am looking forward to playing with this group of girls one last time. Since being on varsity as a freshman, I have to say this is my favorite group of girls to play with. I enjoy seeing them every day as well as improving on things together. Our team chemistry is off the charts, and I can’t wait to see what’s to come throughout this season,” Cirineo said.

As college is near for the class of 2023, many seniors are ready to commit to schools and sports. Although Cirineo has been playing basketball for years, she is still unsure if she wants to pursue it after high school.”I’m undecided if I want to continue playing basketball in college, but I am planning on majoring in nursing after high school,” Cirineo said.

Cirineo has made a massive impact on her teammates, and they all can agree she is a wonderful soul.

“Trisha always gives her all. She is a really hard-working and strong basketball player on the varsity team, and she is the teammate we count on to get threes when we need a comeback… We can always count on her to dive in and get a layup as well as get the team in focus and get a win,” junior, forward position, Jeslyn Varghese said.

Many other teammates believe that Cirineo brings much talent and positivity to the court. “Trisha is a great teammate and player. She is a great leader on and off the court and is always there to help out her teammates,” junior Nora Graham said.

Not only is Cirineo a great player, but she also brings much more to the team setting, truly representing what it means to be a caring teammate and friend. “Trisha is an amazing friend and teammate on and off the court. She always encourages people, and she is definitely my go-to for help with basketball and any advice I would need,” sophomore, point/ shooting guard, Katelyn Daly said.

It is no doubt that Cirineo will only pursue more and more accomplishments in her future as she is a great asset to the girls basketball team. “Trisha is such an incredible person/player and someone on the team who I look up to. When on court, you can tell that she puts a lot of effort whether she’s on defense or offense, and that is something I admire about her. Additionally, off the court, Trisha is a nice person who you can easily get along with,” junior Bianca Cubelo said.

Given that the basketball season just started, there is still plenty of time for Cirineo to spend with her teammates. This being said, hopefully, Cirineo ends off with a  great season and good luck with her future college plans!