Activate Fan Girl Mode: Breaking Dawn is Here!

After a whole year of anticipation, the “Twilight Saga” continues with “Breaking Dawn: Part One.” The previous movie, “Eclipse,” leaves off with Bella, played by Kristen Stewart and Edward, played by Robert Pattinson getting engaged. In this installment, the plot wastes no time to show Charlie Swan give away his 17-year-old daughter Bella to get married to Edward. Then in an intense scene, Jacob, played by Taylor Lautner, says his goodbyes to the Bella he knew and fell in love with. After the reception, the couple head off to their romantic honeymoon on a secluded island. All is great until Bella realizes that the impossible happens: she gets pregnant.

When this first started, I wasn’t very amused. I was waiting for another movie with awkward romantic scenes between Pattinson and Stewart, but this movie proved me wrong. The chemistry between the two actors is undeniable, and their acting was finally great. They are both more comfortable with each other and that makes the movie enjoyable. There were also intense scenes all throughout the movie between Bella and Jacob and the rivalry between Edward and Jacob intensifies as Bella’s life as a human is dwindling.I give props to the movie for sticking to the book. I hate it when books become movies or television shows, and the writers totally butcher the story, but this movie followed the book. Sure, there were some scenes that I wish could’ve been the same in the movie as the book, but I cannot complain with this movie.

There were also hilarious scenes, like the wedding toasts made by Bella’s family and friends; I was dying of laughter. I guess it kind of balances out the dark moments of the movie.

The only down side was that you only get to see Taylor Lautner shirtless once at the beginning, so if you’re in love with him like I am, cherish that one part. I also didn’t like some of the bloody parts because I thought it was too gory for my eyes, but again it did accurately follow the book, so there’s not much to complain about.

I would definitely recommend seeing this movie to anyone. From the start, it’s all the lovey-dovey scenes that made my heart melt, but then there were action-packed fighting scenes with Jacob’s pack of werewolves that were entertaining from start to finish.

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part One is rated pg-13