“You” Comes Out With a New Season and Concept

“You” releases its fourth season.

By Isa Gil, Arts and Entertainment Editor

For those of you who have been keeping up with “You” since its release in 2017, you may surprised with this new season and how different everything has been. And if you’re new to the show or just haven’t watched the third season, here’s an article to give you a quick recap/insight. Now back to the fourth season, there’s been a couple episodes that have been put out, but the full season hasn’t come out yet. However, there are so many new things that make these few episodes released worth watching.

To start, there’s a new cast. This season focuses on a whole new friend group, of about ten people, who are insanely wealthy and influencers. Joe, however, is a bit different from his new group of friends considering he is an English college professor who in his free time, prefers reading instead of partying. Although this friend group seems amazing from the outside, Joe can say firsthand that this group is not as tight and loving as they seem. In his first night out with the group, Joe gets into some trouble which eventually progresses throughout the season.

Aside from the new cast, Joe also displays a sense of morals. In the past, we’ve seen him become obsessed with women and do anything in his power in order to be with them; however, this season he is trying his best to not get obsessed with anyone, so he doesn’t have to kill anymore people. Furthermore, we see Joe push away certain people in order to not fall back into old habits.

Lastly, there is a change of scenery. For the last three seasons, the show has taken place in two different locations, California and New York, but regardless its always been in the United States. For this new season though, Joe takes a whole different route and finds himself in London. With the new scenery, I feel like the whole vibe of the show has changed, but this change isn’t bad. In fact, I really enjoy the dark academia and old money feel to the show, and I think it really suits Joe, given his love for books.

Now with all the changes, I can safely say the plot has been great. This season so far has given a murder mystery vibe, and its been fun decoding who could be behind the messages Joe is getting as well as the deaths of his new friend group. Furthermore, it leaves the viewers wanting more and leads fans into coming up with ways Joe is going to get revenge on his anonymous sender.

Overall, this season so far has been great, and it is definitely worth the watch. I would rate these past few episodes a 7.5/10.