West Reacts: Library’s New Look

Entrance to the new library

Out with the old and in with the new! This summer, West has completely redone the library including new chairs, study rooms and even two fireplaces!

With the grand reopening of the library being on Tuesday Sept. 5, students have started to pile in each period, checking out the new space and new features it has to offer. Junior Marcus Moldovan talks about what he loves most about the new library.

“First, I love how the library looks. It’s a very inviting space and I love how modern it looks. My favorite part though is the chairs. I like how there’s a variety of seating options you can choose, and the spaces that are provided,” Moldovan said.

Sophomore Katherine Zervos also likes the modern feel and enjoys the pleasant atmosphere.

“I love how modern it looks now and how much more open space there is. Even if it feels really modern, the fireplaces make it really relaxing and calming,” Zevros said.

As you walk into the library, you will see a sign right before the reception desk that says, “No food beyond this point.” Many students have noticed this, and in the past, you could bring food into the library. Students used to go to the library during their lunch period to study, since it’s a more quiet space than the lunch room. The students during that time would bring their lunch and eat it while studying.

“I dislike that we can’t eat in the library anymore. I know it’s a new space, and we want to keep it clean, but I know a lot of students that go to the library during their lunch to study or do their work. That time is then taken up and they won’t have time to eat their food,” sophomore Ava Hortega said.

Some students wanted to see some new items in the library, but unfortunately, some things weren’t allowed.

“I really wanted to see a vending machine in the library. I feel like it would be so convenient for you to have a little snack while studying. But since there is a no food policy in the library, it’s not even possible,” sophomore Avery Panning said.

This is one of the many big upgrades that West has made for this school year. If you’re looking for a comfy and cozy spot to work, go check out the new library and all the new features it has to offer!