Get In The Thanksgiving Spirit With These Episodes

The O.C and Gossip Girl show posters.
The O.C and Gossip Girl show posters.

As Thanksgiving approaches, it is now that time to get into the holiday spirit. When I say holiday spirit, I’m not referring to Black Friday; instead, I’m thinking more of Thanksgiving Day when you stuff your face filled with stuffing and all of your favorite meals. To prepare for this exciting day, here are some infamous Thanksgiving holiday episodes that will make you feel all warm and cozy inside, and not bloated.

Gossip Girl: Season 3, Episode 11: “The Treasure of Serena Madre”

First up, we have Gossip Girl. If you are unfamiliar with the show, it’s a series that follows the lives of Manhattan’s elite whose secrets are exposed through an anonymous blogger, Gossip Girl. The show is filled with glitz and glamour and of course many betrayals. Throughout the six seasons, there’s been many Thanksgiving episodes, but I believe this the best one. It is the most drama filled, and it incorporates multiple fights between characters, such as Serena and Nate, Blair and her mom and Eric and Jenny, which isn’t in the true spirit of Thanksgiving but adds for an eventful and entertaining evening. Aside from all of the fights that breaks out throughout this episode, what really makes this scene so iconic is Jason Derulo’s song, “Whatcha Say,” which plays as soon as the tension begins to rise among characters. Furthermore, because of Derulo’s song in Gossip Girl, every Thanksgiving people use the sound for a Tik Tok to mimic the fight that took place.

The O.C: Season 1, Episode 11: “The Homecoming” 

When it comes to The O.C., some people call it the heart Gossip Girl doesn’t have. This is because instead of following the lives of Manhattan’s elite, we are watching the elite in California whose motto follows forgive and love rather than heartbreak and revenge. This being said, this holiday episode is more heartwarming. Throughout this episode, it follows the main character Ryan Atwood, played by Ben McKenzie, and Marissa Cooper, played by Mischa Barton, and their venture to Chino where Ryan ends up building a stronger bond with his new family at The O.C. when he realizes he has a shot at something better. At the end, the family comes together and shares a nice Thanksgiving without any arguments.

Although there are plenty more Thanksgiving holiday episodes, I believe these two are the best, and they always get me into the spirit. If you end up giving the Gossip Girl episode a try and don’t like it, take a look at the rest of the Thanksgiving episodes to see if maybe those drama filled clips will leave you excited and ready to take on the cooking or the eating.