Registration for Shadow Day Guide Now Available

In an effort to promote Shadow Day Guide Registration, Student Activities director Jessica Ogulnik sent a sign-up form to all the students of Niles West on Thursday, Jan. 19 via email.

To clarify, Shadow Day is a set of days where students from junior high feeder schools come to see the environment of a high school day before their freshman year.

“[Students] should feel comfortable leading  6-8th graders on a guided tour of Niles West. You will not be assigned any specific 8th graders, however.  This is a great way to help out incoming freshmen,” mentions Ogulnik in the email.

According to Ogulnik, students need to attend a mandatory training session after school on Wednesday, March 21.

Guides from last year gave positive feedback and encourage students to be a guide.

“I enjoy being a leader because all of the 8th graders really look up to us high schoolers, and I feel like I’m really respected by a group of kids who are younger than me and know nobody at this big school,” said junior Aria Caldwell.

Sophomore Czarina Landicho agrees.

“Help out the students who have probably never explored through Niles West before. I was going to make sure that they are more confident once they step into a high school environment, I still remember the fear that some people  had when I was in 8th grade,” said Landicho.