Holly and Ava Podcast Takeover, Featuring Mr Baum

Curriculum & Activities Night to Welcome 8th Graders

[singlepic id=1356 w=320 h=240 float=left]In order to help the incoming freshmen to know more about the clubs, activities, and classes Niles West offers, Curriculum and Activities Night will be held on Wednesday, Feb. 8 at 6:30 p.m. in the auditorium

The incoming freshmen will be addressed by assistant principal Jason Ness, athletic director David Rosengard, and students activities director Jessica Ogulnik. The students will also receive their Explore test results. Afterwards, they will be able to tour the gym to see the different tables set up by more than 50 different classes, clubs, and sports.

“They [incoming freshmen] feel more comfortable with their transition into the school building and are able to have a chance to see our clubs and activities in action,”  Ogulnik said.

Sophomore Madeline Wozny believes that this event is helpful but nerve-wrecking at the same time.

“It’s nerve-wrecking because of the exam results,” said sophomore Madeline Wozny. “The tables [with the sports information] allowed you to get to know the coaches.”

Sophomore Mahnoor Bhatti also agrees with Wozny.

“I think it helped because it was a night where I could explore all the clubs at Niles West, and I met new people when I signed up so I made friends instantly,” Bhatti said.