Happy Birthday to the NWN

Happy Birthday to the NWN

Come join the Niles West News reporters Monday Sept. 23  to celebrate its three-year anniversary, which is today. The celebration will be held in the Student Commons during lunch periods 3-7 and treats are on us. Also, we will have a comment contest and the winner is in for a sweet surprise. Some candy to satisfy a sweet tooth perhaps…

It has been three years since the NWN online launching on Sept. 20, 2010, and it is still going strong. The NWN has had three National Scholastic Press Association pacemaker nominations and two wins.

“Three years ago, the school newspaper went online. People were skeptical about if it would work, but I think we have shown that the NWN has been more than successful,” adviser Evelyn Lauer said.

“The fact that we’ve been an online publication for this long seems surreal. This is something that we’ve been working really hard on for the majority of our high school career. And it would be really great if you could help us celebrate,” co-editor Gabrielle Abesamis said.

“I’ve seen the NWN grow so much since my freshman year, and it’s an honor to be a part of such a successful publication. I hope that we can continue to build on what we’ve already accomplished in future years,” co-editor Alyssa Guzman said.

For more information, stop by during your lunch period Monday at the NWN table, we will be glad to chat with you!