Niles West to Host Activities Fair Week

Niles West to Host Activities Fair Week

Niles West Activities Week will be taking place from Sept. 23-27 during all lunch periods outside of the cafeteria.

Activities Week consists of all the different clubs and activities sitting outside of the cafeteria and showing the students what exactly Niles West has to offer in terms of clubs, volunteering opportunities, extracurriculars, and many more. The clubs will have all the information on the tables and will allow students to sign up for emails and meetings times.

“I think the majority of students don’t get involved to their “full potential.”  We have some overachievers, but the majority of kids really would get more back from their high school experience if they pushed themselves to do a little more volunteering, learning, or collaboration,” student activities director Jessica Pritzker said.

Extracurriculars allow students to really get involved in school, and they are a great piece of information to put on resumes when applying to college. With Activities Week, all students, especially the freshmen, can step up and find a couple clubs that they would be interested in joining.

“It’s also a chance to figure out what you are interested in, and possibly pursue anew direction in your life professionally or just as a hobby, so stop by!” Pritzker said.

The  Niles West News will have a booth today. Be sure to stop by and comment on our site for some candy and a chance to win a gift card to Starbucks!