DECA Nationals to be Held this Weekend

DECA Nationals to be Held this Weekend

The DECA team will travel to Atlanta, Georgia on Friday afternoon to compete in nationals which includes both a conference and a competition starting on Saturday, May 3.

Students from Niles West will be traveling to the competition and competing until Sunday.

“I’m really excited. I’ve never been to it, so it’s a great experience. It’s a really good opportunity and you get a lot of connections,” senior Deepa Pardiwala said, who is competing with two other partners doing an international business plan.

Other DECA students are competing in different areas of business like junior Rena Merchant.

“I am doing financial literacy promotion plan and it’s basically where my partner and I went to a school and taught kids to make checks and become financially literate. We have been working on this project since the beginning of the school year because we had to organize field trip forms and write a paper,” Merchant said.

DECA students have worked hard on their projects and are ready to go for the competition.

“I did a written project and a roleplay. I’m advancing in roleplays marketing communications. I’ve been working on it all year. I’m excited I just can’t wait to get there,” senior Jessie Amga said.

The event will take place in the Georgia Dome.