The Niles West Sports Talk Podcast S2 Ep 16, Featuring Chris Rodriguez and Mackenzie Bickhaus

2011 Varsity Boys Tennis Preview

The NWN interviewed varsity head coach Andrew Suarez about this year’s Boys Tennis team.

NWN: How do you think the team will do this year

Suarez: I think the varsity team will do very well since we have a deep team with many good players. We have one freshman and three sophomores and there are a lot of good players this season. We have a various amount students from different years, but they are also very experienced in tennis.

NWN: What meet is going to be the most challenging this year?

Suarez: Against New Trier because for the past years they have been on of our biggest and most challenging team that we’ve faced.

NWN:What are some of the team’s goals this season?

Suarez: To achieve a better win loss record because from last year it wasn’t how I wanted to be and it wasn’t the best. Also, to get 2nd place or at least 3rd place because 1st and 2nd place are pretty much impossible in conference, but I think we can make it up there.

NWN:What are the biggest areas that need improvement on the team?

Suarez:Consistency and focus during practices and meets.

NWN: Realistically, how far do you think the team can go this year?

Suarez:I think we will go pretty far and win most tournaments and meets because the quality of our team is good and we are pretty solid.

NWN: Who is the most influential player on the team? Who will have the most impact on the season?

Suarez: That’s a really tough question, but the most influential player on the team, in my opinion, would be Daniel Langer. He will be influential because he shows many characteristics like being unselfish and he shows leadership. He is also very experienced, and the team looks up to him.