Peace Love Chic: Beauty Blender

I’m sure many girls have heard of the beauty blender. There’s been a hype about it for over a year, with all of the dupes and seeing if it really is worth the splurge. 

The beauty blender will push the makeup into your skin, rather than just rubbing it around your skin with a brush. It really does press the makeup into the skin and leave a nice finish in the end, with no stroke patterns.

The beauty blender, as well as the Real Techniques Sponge, are super squishy. You have to wet it and then you can start using it. After it’s damp, it’ll double in size, but it won’t absorb your makeup!

The dupes are okay, but they are harder and won’t press the makeup in either. Some even pick up makeup instead of applying it. If you aren’t ready to spend the money, but still want one, the Real Techniques Sponge is perfect.

There are special soaps that are made to specifically clean a beauty blender. Based off of personal knowledge, I can say that dish soap, shampoo, or hand soap will do the trick. I used hand soap and my beauty blender came out looking new. If you’d rather put in the money and get the soap, it’ll do a great job as well.

Either way, I highly recommend the beauty blender over any other brush because of its ability to press the makeup in. Powders can even be put on with it as well, or left a dewy type of look with no powder.

Basically, I recommend buying the Real Techniques Sponge if you don’t want to spend the money, or the actual beauty blender because the others just don’t work as well as these two.