Principal’s Recognition: Anthony Lohan

Editor’s Note: This is the seventeeth in a series of 18 stories about this semester’s Principal’s Recognition Award winners who were recognized on Wednesday, April 20 for outstanding achievement in specific programs. Senior Anthony Lohan received the Communications Award and was nominated by Mr. Eric Lueder.

As the end of the year approaches, it’s a senior’s natural manner to start the “senioritis” process. However for a particular student, the year coming to an end motivates him to make sure a legacy is left for himself in the Niles West world of technology.

It was no surprise that senior Anthony Lohan was nominated for and won a Principal’s Recognition Award in the Communications department due to his great effort and talent he contributes.

“Although this is his first semester, Anthony has exceptional knowledge of technology that has benefited the program and his group members. He brings a great creative aspect to a lot of the projects [in the broadcasting class],” said Eric Lueder, who nominated Lohan.

Lohan is ecstatic for the recognition he is receiving for the time he put into the department, and is thankful that he found the interest in the Broadcasting field through the class.

“I am able to try new things and get critiqued on what to improve on,” said Lohan. “It gives me a sense of accomplishment that the principal and the communications department was able to recognize me for the hard work and time that I put into my projects.”

His hard work and dedication to the programs stands out not only with teachers, but his peers who look up to him.

“He is a hard worker and it is obvious that he loves what he does. He has a lot of talent behind the camera,” said junior Kayla Brill.

Not only is he good at what he does, but having the passion for video helps him take initiative on projects.

“Anthony completely created the Lip-Dub video all by himself. He shot video for 3 weeks straight before and after school, and edited the whole video which took a long, long time,” said Lueder.

Throughout his time working with Broadcasting students, the program has really improved and many new creative aspects were born. As a graduating senior, there is a big shoe to fill for next year.

Previous installment in the series: 

Jasmine Dirks: https://www.nileswestnews.org/features/principal-recognition-jasmine-dirks/