Powderpuff Shootout: Sophomores and Juniors Come Out on Top

Sammy Butera

The field was covered in red and white yesterday as the annual powderpuff game began. The first touchdown, scored by the white sophomore/junior team, dictated the game. The score was a whopping 60-30, with the sophomore/junior team annihilating their opponents.

“Overall it was an amazing experience, but it’s not all about winning,” sophomore Maya Cayemitte  said. “We just had a good time on the field, and it’s mostly just about great teamwork.”

The coaches seemed to agree, as the freshmen/senior team fought hard until the last second.

“I do powderpuff because it makes for great memories more than the score. This was just really fun, and more girls should definitely do it next year. I know I really enjoyed it,” senior Ata Benjamin said.

The spectators seemed to enjoy the game just as much as the players. Their cheers were loud and brought the whole football atmosphere to powderpuff.

“I love watching because I feel like it shows school spirit without having to play. Also, a lot of my friends are on the teams, and I like to support them this way,” junior Alexis Tolan said. 

Powderpuff has come to an end, and it was a success. Maybe next year the freshman/senior team will be able to break the winning streak of the sophomore/juniors, who have won the last three consecutive years.