NCAA College Football Season

By Ethan Carey, Sports Editor

There is really nothing like sitting back and watching some football on a Sunday night while doing your homework, but to some people, waking up early on a Saturday morning and watching NCAA College football all day is just as much and if not, more exciting.

College football got up and running this year on the last day of August and since then, has been nothing but exciting. Powerhouse teams in the NCAA such as the Alabama Crimson Tide, LSU Tigers, and the Auburn Tigers came out of the gates firing and have got off to a good-looking 3-0 start.

The NFL is the biggest stage for football players but to some fans, watching the future stars of the NFL on Saturday afternoons is just as exciting to watch.

“There’s nothing better than waking up on a Saturday morning to watch college game day. This college football season has started off to a crazy start, as many teams are playing more offensive than usual,” senior Michael Daratzis said.

The NCAA can be unpredictable at times with new players coming in and out of colleges every four years leading to highly anticipated seasons year in and year out.

“Honestly to me, I think college football is better than professionals because its a little different each year and there is really no telling what to expect sometimes,” junior Quinn Niedermaier said.

Everyone has one favorite team that they keep up with throughout the season, and a popular school to like is the Notre Dame Fighting Irish who have started off the season strong with two straight wins after a rather successful previous season.

“Personally, much of my time is spent watching my favorite team, Notre Dame, who have a chance of making it to the college football playoffs for the second consecutive year. Ultimately, my expectation is for the year to end the same as last, with Alabama and Clemson fighting for the top spot,” Daratzis said.

Two colleges that cannot be left unsaid when talking about football, of course, is the University of Alabama and Clemson University. These two teams are always dogging it out for the top spot and are usually the teams that produce college superstars.

“I think Trever Lawrence from Clemson has the potential to be a Heisman Trophy winner this season,” sophomore Nathan Arnautu said. “He has shown his potential last year, and I think without a doubt he can show off what he can really do in the next few weeks,” Arnautu said.

You can watch college football which is on, almost all day, nearly every Saturday. This season has gotten off to an exciting start, and there will be no shortage of that throughout the rest of the season.