Band Scheduled to Put on a Holiday ‘Show’

Niles West Band will perform their Holiday Concert on Tuesday, Dec. 20 at 7:30 pm in the Robert L. Johnson Auditorium.

The band concert will put on a show that will consist of many songs which pertain to the holiday theme. A medley will also be performed during the concert. The concert will also have modern arrangements of old classics according to band instructor William Koch.

“We just don’t put on concerts, we put on a show!  Our concerts are music productions that are well thought out and meticulously prepared. When the audience leaves the performance, they know that witnessed something that was very special and will remember it for a very long time,” said Koch.

The band is likely to surprise the audience with unexpected surprises, Koch said.

“The audiences love our concerts because they never know what to expect next. We work very hard to find clever arrangements and musical selections that we can put our own personal spin on,” said Koch.

The concert will feature a band soloist, freshmen Brad Erickson. Erickson says he is looking forward to this concert.

“The whole band has been working on this piece for about a month now. I’ve been practicing this piece quite frequently and have been listening to other tubist’s interpretation of the piece. And as for me being the soloist, I’m just happy that I will be able to see the audience instead of the French horn players in front of me,” said Erickson.

The concert is free for everyone and snacks and baked goods will be provided at the concert.