The Best Local Brunch Spots

A brunch meal with a variety of breakfast and lunch dishes.

The time between winter break and spring break can be miserable and draining. The perfect way to lighten up your morning is with a warm brunch to fulfill your cravings. You can order any dish from breakfast to lunch at brunch cafes. But, the best part is that you can order at any time of day. If you need something to brighten up your afternoon, have pancakes! If you feel extra hungry before school, order a sandwich! Brunch has endless possibilities. In this story, I will uncover the most friendly and quality-tasting restaurants in the local area.

Kappy’s American Grill 

Family restaurants are perfect to start your day off peacefully. With friendly service to put a smile on your face, Kappy’s American Grill in Niles is your ideal morning destination. The quality is superb, as their breakfast menu was named one of the best in Chicago. Their infamous pancakes are made from a light mix to make them rise high and fluffy. Their lunch menu offers a variety of sandwiches, seafood, salads and burgers. Their special dishes are the Athenian chicken with Greek-style potatoes and honey-stung double-fried chicken. Kappy’s has been family-owned since 1979 and is a wonderful place to bring your whole family.

Walker Bros. Original Pancake House

When I’m having a slow morning, I don’t want to go somewhere bright and loud. That’s why Walker Bros. Pancake House is the best place to go. Their Glenview location offers a cozy environment with house plants, wooden booths and beautiful stained glass windows and lamps to add ambiance. You can absolutely trust that they have the best meals with their 57 years of experience. If you are craving something sweet, try Walker Bros.’s famous Apple Pancakes with a side of bacon and freshly squeezed orange juice. Or better yet, this February they have a 25% off Danish garden special. This pancake house has a lot more to offer than just pancakes with its lovely service, environment and delicious dishes.

Omega Restaurant & Bakery

One of the friendliest brunch spots in Niles is the Omega Restaurant and Bakery. The Omega is another family-owned business that has been in the area for over 35 years. They produce a large menu from breakfast to lunch to dessert, specializing in authentic Greek dishes as well, hence the name Omega. Something that stands out to me is that they have complimentary baskets of bread on every table. They take pride in their customers’ satisfaction and are open every day, all day long. The Omega is a great pick to have lunch or breakfast at any time you can imagine.

Altogether, brunch is truly a relaxing way to get through your day. You get to choose whether you want to have breakfast or lunch whenever you please. I strongly recommend any of these restaurants because they all offer the best service, affordability and meals. A good brunch is sure to get your mind off of upcoming tests and the cold weather outside.