My Daily Makeup Routine

My Daily Makeup Routine

Applying products on your face may appear extremely difficult for beginners, but once you get the hang of it, you can practically do it in your sleep. After you think of your skin as a canvas to paint on, it would only make sense to keep it clean and smooth before you start painting. Personally, I love trying others’ routines for fun, so if you’re looking to experiment or are willing to spice up your own routine, here’s my favorite way to go for an everyday makeup look.

1. Elf Camo Concealer

Concealer can vary depending on what type of look I’m going for, but for an everyday look, I tend to apply it under my eyes. This creates a brighter look as it smoothly covers eye bags and brings out your eye color a lot more. Because of this, I use the shade “Fair Warm,” as it is slightly, yet evidently lighter than my actual skin. Elf is a great brand if you’re looking for affordable duplicates of expensive products.

2. Rare Beauty Liquid Blush

I used to purchase plenty of drugstore makeup products, including blush, before I was introduced to Rare Beauty. This is the best blush I’ve ever used. At first, I was scared to use liquid for blush on my face, but the Rare Beauty Liquid Blush changed my whole outlook on high-end makeup products in general. The amount of pigment in one bottle is more than enough, therefore, I usually apply one dot on each cheek. I then blend it out using a brush. Depending on how I’m feeling and what makeup look I’m going for, I either use the shade “Encourage” or “Hope.”

3. Eyelash Curler + Benefit Mascara

My eyelashes are extremely short and straight, so it is almost mandatory for me to curl them. To make them stay curled throughout the day, I use the Benefit mascara. I’ve tried many mascara brands before, and my eyelashes either fail to remain curled, or they end up clumping. Benefit has the perfect mascara to use in order to prevent these common problems from occurring.

4. Elf Eyeliner 

When it comes to eyeliner, I can never have enough. Like most makeup products, whether I apply them or not heavily depends on my mood. I usually apply the eyeliner pencil on the waterline of my eyes to bring out color. However, doing this makes my eye shape smaller, so if I have time, I draw small wings on the side of my eyes with liquid eyeliner. By doing this, I can bring out my eye color more, while also maintaining my actual eye shape.

5. Lipstick/Summer Fridays Lip Balm

Although this is one of the most important steps to my routine, I often forget it until I’m already out my bedroom door. My lipstick shade for the day actually depends on the blush shade that I use. If I have a darker shade of blush on, I usually pair it with a dark shade of lipstick or lip gloss, such as the Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick in the shade “Dazed.” On days that my blush is a brighter pink, the lipstick that I’d end up choosing would be more vibrant, like Mabelline’s Superstay Vinyl Ink Lipstick in the shade “Keen.” However, if I just feel like applying lip balm, I often use the Summer Fridays Lip Balm in the shade “Vanilla Beige.” Overall, I’m not loyal to any lipstick brand because I tend to experiment often with lip products.

There’s one thing to keep in mind before using makeup. For starters, skincare is extremely important. There are specific skin types that may not work well with certain products. I always remember to do my skincare before my makeup, and I highly suggest that others do the same to protect their skin.