Coachella Outfits Lost Their Touch

Coachella and some outfits worn placed above

Coachella stands out as one of the most popular music festivals, known not only for its lineup of artists but also for its unique fashion scene. Originally intended as a more chill version of the Woodstock festival, Coachella has embraced a relaxed and peaceful atmosphere. Since it’s meant to pay tribute to Woodstock, attendees have dressed in bohemian and hippie styles, transforming them into staples of the festival’s aesthetic. Unlike events such as the Met Gala, which introduce new themes annually, Coachella maintains a consistent theme centered around boho fashion. It’s common to see attendees wearing flowy, earth-toned outfits, complemented by bold accessories like sun hats and big belts. I always look forward to seeing how celebrities interpret this style, whether they stay true to the Coachella vibe or surprise us with something completely different.

In my opinion, this year’s outfits were a little disappointing. I didn’t spot as much boho flair or fancy accessories as in previous years, and many celebrities opted for looks completely unrelated to the festival’s vibe.

Paris Hilton fully understood the Coachella theme, and her outfit was right on point. Coachella is most known for its lightweight, breathable attire and eye-catching accessories like oversized hats and plenty of jewelry. While Panama and sun hats are staples for many, Paris put her own twist on it by wearing a leather one. Despite not sticking to the usual boho-earthy colors, she managed to capture all the essential elements of a Coachella outfit. Coachella is also a time for people to step out of their fashion comfort zones, and experiment with new outfits and accessories. Typically known for her vibrant and all-pink style, Paris’s decision to experiment with darker colors and unconventional styles made her stand out.

Megan Fox went for the same vibe as Paris Hilton, wearing a darker version of traditional boho outfits. However, all parts of her outfit still matched the traditional Coachella theme. I love how her hat and boots added a perfect touch to elevate her outfit and align with the festival’s aesthetic from previous years. What stands out to me is how she maintains her own unique style while fitting into the Coachella vibe.

Kendall Jenner’s outfit was among my least favorites from what I saw. While not all celebrities

go for bold, flowery prints or crochet blouses, nothing about her ensemble screamed Coachella to me. Upon initially seeing it, I actually mistook it for a red carpet or event look because the festival vibe just didn’t come through. If she aimed for a classier appearance, she could have accessorized with bold jewelry or something Coachella-related. The color she chose does make her features stand out, and the accessories complement each other well, but it would just work better for a different occasion. It was particularly disappointing because, in previous years, she has gone all out for the theme, but this year’s look fell short of expectations.

I wish Kendall had gone for a similar vibe to those two outfits this year, rather than what she chose to wear. Her previous year’s outfits were more fitting for the Coachella theme. In the past, she wore the perfect Coachella look with her prints, fringes, and rugged footwear. Her past outfits are definitely still on many people’s Pinterest boards as they’re the perfect inspiration for Coachella. 

Hailey Bieber is also someone known for her bold fashion and is often an inspiration for outfits, but this time, I found her outfit very underwhelming. She’s layered up, which is unusual for Coachella where light, breezy attire is the norm. The only element giving off a Coachella vibe is the headscarf, which has actually been a popular accessory among celebrities this year. However, it feels a bit disconnected from the rest of her outfit, almost like a random addition. Overall, she’s someone whom I was definitely expecting a more exciting look from.