Hijab Vault Opens in Skokie

Hijab+Vault+located+in+Skokie+on+Oakton+street.+
Syeda Fatima
Hijab Vault located in Skokie on Oakton street.

Looking for a hijab store in the area? Hijab Vault might be the perfect place for you to buy affordable, trendy and good quality hijabs. Hijab Vault first opened in Lombard and on Saturday, May 4 they opened their second location in Skokie right between Byrd’s Hot Chicken and Sweet Reserve bakery. As a Hijabi myself, buying hijabs online can be difficult and risky since you don’t really know what you’re getting, however, with an in person hijab store near by it changes everything.

Array of hijabs assorted by fabrics

Hijab is a scarf worn by Muslim women for religious purposes and upholding modesty. For some people hijab might be seen as a piece of cloth, but for many Hijabi’s, this scarf is a part of their identity and also a major part of their outfits. Matching the hijab to your fit is crucial to make everything look put together. Therefore getting different color and pattern hijab’s can be essential. Most of the time, the hijab color on an online store and the color in reality can be different, but when you go into a store you can color match the hijab perfectly. You can also feel the material of the hijab to understand whether you like it or not. Each fabric can be different and people have their own preferences of what material hijab they think suits them the best.

Hijab Vault consists of all the potential hijab fabrics you can think of: chiffon, cotton, jersey, modal, satin, etc. Not only do they have hijabs but they also have all the accessories one may need to tie their hijab like the under-cap in various colors, hijab magnets and pins. It’s a Hijabi’s dream store to find all the essential items to tie the perfect hijab in one place.

Charcuterie board by Luxe Charcuterie Chicago

For the grand opening, Hijab Vault did a ribbon cutting ceremony. They invited the mayor of Skokie George Van Dusen for the opening of the store. Hijab Vault also offered the first 50 guest custom-made perfume from Rihaat Al-Layl a small business. There was also a charcuterie board made by Luxe Charcuterie, bubble tea from Bobawala and food from Byrd’s Hot Chicken for the customers.

Just as successful as their first store was, this store will attract even more customers! Located in the midst of a large Muslim community, Hijab Vault is going to be the next new stop for the all the Hijabis to purchase new scarfs. Along with experimenting with new hijabs by getting an in person feel of the scarfs. Make sure to check Hijab Vault out!