Top 10 Ways to Ask a Girl to Homecoming

If you’re a girl, it’s embedded into your genetic code to be a hopeless romantic. Trust me, Leo DiCaprio still makes my heart weep. If you want to do it, do it like DiCaprio. Take notes, follow actions, and have a sexy grin. So, boys, here’s how you make a girl swoon over you: Homecoming. Girls go ga-ga for boys who are creative when asking a girl to Homecoming.

Here are the top 10 ways to ask a girl to Homecoming:

1. Maze. A friend of mine asked his girlfriend out, with my help of course, by having her go through a maze. We made nine posters, one for each classroom she was going to. Each poster had a word from the question, and a quote that represented them. The posters spelled out: “Sam, wanna go to Homecoming with me? Love, Jake.” The quotes made it more cute. It represented their inside jokes and relationship.

2. Scavenger hunt. Leave a clue for your special lady friend in the morning with a riddle leading her to another clue. Keep her on her toes with clues until the end of the day, where you lead her to the area of your choice. There, you will be waiting for her with flowers of your choice, make sure she isn’t allergic though she won’t say yes after that. You can choose to be over the top and sit on one knee and ask, “Will you go to Homecoming with me?”

3.Wanted. Get a cute picture of the girl you have in mind and Photoshop it on to a flyer that says, “WANTED.” Tape it around the entire school, or in the areas you know she would see them. On the bottom, say something like “call Joe Snitterman if you see her.” Someone will definitely tell you and you go up to her and ask her to homecoming.

4. Detention. Find one of her teachers and ask them to give her a detention. Convince them to make it a huge deal, as if she was about to go to the dean’s office. Have them give her the detention, but it won’t be an actual detention, it’ll say something cute like “troubled girls need dates to Homecoming too. Will you go to Homecoming with me?” I just made that up on the spot. Cute, right?

5. Announcements. Get the one of the broadcast reporters to make up an incident. Johnny English was just in a freak accident, he is now paralyzed from the waist down and the only way he will regain motion is if Sara Applebee will agree to go to Homecoming with him. Sara if you’re listening, Johnny is waiting for your answer.” Don’t use that exact example, it might be a little too extreme. Regardless, she will love the innovation. Or you can ask her in the NWN website ticker. See me!

6. Car. Get all the shaving cream needed to cover an entire car and leave blanks for the letters that spell out Homecoming. Be sure to do it right when she is about to go to her car or the shaving cream will melt away. If she likes it enough, she’ll hit you with the shaving cream.

7. Bake her cupcakes. With the help of someone who knows what they’re doing, make 10 cupcakes. In frosting, spell out homecoming and hand deliver it to her. The fact that a guy baked for is girl is hot on its own.

8. Make t-shirts.  Get a friend who is artistic and make t-shirts. Have a bunch of your guy friends wearing them. Each shirt should say one word from the sentence on the back of the shirt. On the front of the shirt it should say, “Hey, Jenny!” or whatever her name is. Or you could even ask her with body paint. Same idea, sans shirts. (Note: This idea was successfully done last week in the cafeteria.)

9. Raid her locker. Girls always share locker combinations with each other,  so just get one of her girlfriends to give you the combination. Disarray everything in her locker but leave one thing perfect and untouched. That untouched thing should be the question of asking her to Homecoming.

10. Pep assembly. In front of the entire school, give a small speech and then ask her, ever so sweetly, if she will go to Homecoming with you. It’s easy to get the assembly coordinator to give a few minutes, just enough for you to sweep her off her feet. She will admire you boldness.

Me unleashing the secrets of girls should get you, boys, the best Homecoming ever. You’re welcome. Seniors, this is our last Homecoming, so make it memorable. And for everyone else, have a blast.