MENU

Top 10 Ways to Ask a Girl to Homecoming

By Rozy Kanjee

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.

Email This Story

If you’re a girl, it’s embedded into your genetic code to be a hopeless romantic. Trust me, Leo DiCaprio still makes my heart weep. If you want to do it, do it like DiCaprio. Take notes, follow actions, and have a sexy grin. So, boys, here’s how you make a girl swoon over you: Homecoming. Girls go ga-ga for boys who are creative when asking a girl to Homecoming.

Here are the top 10 ways to ask a girl to Homecoming:

1. Maze. A friend of mine asked his girlfriend out, with my help of course, by having her go through a maze. We made nine posters, one for each classroom she was going to. Each poster had a word from the question, and a quote that represented them. The posters spelled out: “Sam, wanna go to Homecoming with me? Love, Jake.” The quotes made it more cute. It represented their inside jokes and relationship.

2. Scavenger hunt. Leave a clue for your special lady friend in the morning with a riddle leading her to another clue. Keep her on her toes with clues until the end of the day, where you lead her to the area of your choice. There, you will be waiting for her with flowers of your choice, make sure she isn’t allergic though she won’t say yes after that. You can choose to be over the top and sit on one knee and ask, “Will you go to Homecoming with me?”

3.Wanted. Get a cute picture of the girl you have in mind and Photoshop it on to a flyer that says, “WANTED.” Tape it around the entire school, or in the areas you know she would see them. On the bottom, say something like “call Joe Snitterman if you see her.” Someone will definitely tell you and you go up to her and ask her to homecoming.

4. Detention. Find one of her teachers and ask them to give her a detention. Convince them to make it a huge deal, as if she was about to go to the dean’s office. Have them give her the detention, but it won’t be an actual detention, it’ll say something cute like “troubled girls need dates to Homecoming too. Will you go to Homecoming with me?” I just made that up on the spot. Cute, right?

5. Announcements. Get the one of the broadcast reporters to make up an incident. Johnny English was just in a freak accident, he is now paralyzed from the waist down and the only way he will regain motion is if Sara Applebee will agree to go to Homecoming with him. Sara if you’re listening, Johnny is waiting for your answer.” Don’t use that exact example, it might be a little too extreme. Regardless, she will love the innovation. Or you can ask her in the NWN website ticker. See me!

6. Car. Get all the shaving cream needed to cover an entire car and leave blanks for the letters that spell out Homecoming. Be sure to do it right when she is about to go to her car or the shaving cream will melt away. If she likes it enough, she’ll hit you with the shaving cream.

7. Bake her cupcakes. With the help of someone who knows what they’re doing, make 10 cupcakes. In frosting, spell out homecoming and hand deliver it to her. The fact that a guy baked for is girl is hot on its own.

8. Make t-shirts.  Get a friend who is artistic and make t-shirts. Have a bunch of your guy friends wearing them. Each shirt should say one word from the sentence on the back of the shirt. On the front of the shirt it should say, “Hey, Jenny!” or whatever her name is. Or you could even ask her with body paint. Same idea, sans shirts. (Note: This idea was successfully done last week in the cafeteria.)

9. Raid her locker. Girls always share locker combinations with each other,  so just get one of her girlfriends to give you the combination. Disarray everything in her locker but leave one thing perfect and untouched. That untouched thing should be the question of asking her to Homecoming.

10. Pep assembly. In front of the entire school, give a small speech and then ask her, ever so sweetly, if she will go to Homecoming with you. It’s easy to get the assembly coordinator to give a few minutes, just enough for you to sweep her off her feet. She will admire you boldness.

Me unleashing the secrets of girls should get you, boys, the best Homecoming ever. You’re welcome. Seniors, this is our last Homecoming, so make it memorable. And for everyone else, have a blast.

21 Comments

21 Responses to “Top 10 Ways to Ask a Girl to Homecoming”

1. LikeAG6 on October 13th, 2010 6:07 pm

Don’t even try #9. You gonna get in mad trouble! Seriously though, you should change that…

2. Rozy Kanjee on October 13th, 2010 9:21 pm

The only reason that I know that it would work is because I was asked to homecoming that way. It doesn’t sound ideal, but if the guy does it the right way it is actually really cute.

3. Alex on September 15th, 2013 8:14 pm

In number 7 she could just take all the cupcakes except the “n” and “o” and give it back to you

4. Dylan on September 14th, 2014 11:38 am

Well played!!!!

5. Bobby on August 29th, 2018 5:10 pm

lol thats great !

6. Taylor on October 3rd, 2013 8:48 pm

Ok, I’m a girl and I’m trying to find a way to ask my girlfriend to Homecoming. I’m a freshman and she’s a sophmore, so I’m totally inexperienced. If anyone has any ideas, please comment them. Thanks!!!

7. Sam on October 22nd, 2013 12:12 am

I used a parody music video of One Direction’s “What makes you beautiful”

8. Michael on October 17th, 2016 8:56 pm

Hey there’s is this girl I like and we never talked before and I was thinking to ask her but homecoming is in 2 days so idk what to do because we never talked and I don’t want it to be awkward also what should I start talking about first

9. jessica on September 16th, 2017 11:20 pm

surely you have 1 or more classes with her, right? start with what youve noticed sparks her interest the most. doesnt have to be about homecoming at all. honestly show her thats not the only reason youre talking to her which hopefully its not,
    so then apply something in that conversation to a random song. doesnt have to be good- the funnier , the better especially if you break out in a funky jackson dance move! after the laughs subside, make your move. then the night of the dance tell her all that was just for her.

10. Chelsea on September 27th, 2015 11:10 am

The boy that asked me just said it straight to me. We were just talking about how everyone was going and he did it. If he didn’t ask me I would have asked him…..Just go for it

11. Kolton on October 18th, 2015 6:15 pm

Did you notice that the names in number 1 were the main characters of sixteen candles?

12. Tristan on September 13th, 2016 8:29 pm

Yo, so I don’t go to your school, I go to Fremont High in Utah. We don’t have detention or a Dean here but I like the idea of doing something like number 4. Any suggestions to make something similar?

13. @the.dudmeister on September 14th, 2016 9:14 pm

Hey there Tristan, I’m kinda thinking about using that one but we had to change a lot of stuff and we eventually scrapped the idea. If you don’t have a dean or detention, we were going to have a group of friends/ the announcement people to tell the girl that she needs to go somewhere. This is literally the simplest thing that can be done and you can mess around with it however you want. I’m sorry if it’s too simple, but this is one of the classics.
    The best of luck from a guy nervous as heck too.
    – D

14. John on September 9th, 2017 7:45 am

Hey, heres another Idea, Use a magic trick!

15. Max on September 28th, 2017 8:36 pm

I tied a sign to a little drone and flew it to her, middle of the school too. Just make sure you know how to use it if you wanna try

16. eli reid on September 5th, 2018 2:51 pm

There is a girl I’m basically IN LOVE with, but she’s homeschooled so I only see her at the beginning of the day and the end. And when I ask her I want it to be completely unexpected. How should I do it?

17. Koby Bruington on September 16th, 2018 1:28 pm

so Talk to her mom and get her moms help. Her mom is her teacher so lots of opportunities. Ask her mom to give her a an assignment that involves going to dinner with you. And then pop the question there saying you asked her teachers approval;)

18. this dude on September 12th, 2018 11:43 pm

WOW, I am trying to too…

19. Koby Bruington on September 16th, 2018 1:25 pm

So, I like this girl but I hardly ever see her. She knows me and we were childhood friends but we don’t hang out anymore. I want to ask her to hoco but idk what I should do. I am a song writer so maybe sing a song and play guitar? Suggestions?

20. Redd on September 21st, 2018 11:42 pm

Homecoming is in less than two weeks and I am still trying to think of ways to top everyone else at my school…. Help

21. Gstaff on October 1st, 2018 4:55 pm

So, I’ve been talking to this girls for quite some time now and I want to ask her to HOCO. I want to make it EXTREMELY special. But… Im lost on how to do it… Suggestions… Please comment HOCO is in 1 week!!!!!!

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.